Wednesday, April 6, 2011

April 6th

I am officially signed up for the LA Rock and Roll Half Marathon. Well, not Officially, they need to charge my card, but I am set to go.

I tentatively started running again last week, and I did good, I even had my best mile at 10:30something. Then I felt like I was going to puke. Not fun. Then last Friday, I was only able to do 1.3 miles...because of a horrible pain in my shin. I stretched it out, but don't think that helped. I am getting in touch with coworker of my husbands who runs, I think she might be able to give me some advise.

Sometimes, I feel like I need to relax when I'm running. I feel like I am so tense while running, that may be the reason I'm hurting myself. It's hard, but something I need to try. I don't have anytime to run this week - and maybe it's good that I rest a little bit longer. Next week I have spring break, and I am off for 3 days, in addition to cleaning my house top to bottom, I am going to find a route to run by my house. I have been doing other workouts. Monday I did Bob Harper's Yoga Warrior DVD. O.M.G. Now, I have never done yoga. I'm not that focused and need something more active. HOLY CRAP. Yoga is intense. I was able to make it all the way through the workout, but here I am, 2 days later and still sore. But it's a good sore. I am going to do it again today before the hockey game.

This past Sunday, my mom and I did the MS Walk - 5K. It was the first "distance" event that my mom has ever done. We only did 2.8 miles because her hip really started to hurt (she had both hips replaced with in the past 2 years). But we did it and I'm so proud of her for doing it.

No comments: